Thursday, March 10, 2011

JS Bach: 3 Concerti - The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock

Johann Sebastian Bach
3 Concerti
Simon Standage, David Reichenberg, Lisa Beznosiuk,
The English Concert, Trevor Pinnock
Archiv 413 731-2

This is one of the best records of Bach concertos, in particular BWV 1060. I am a fan of this concerto and I have more interpretations, including the one with Hilary Hahn at violin, and I think this is unsurpassed. Right tempo and a very warm sound. Standage at violin is great, but all are very good. I can listen to it for ages and the sound never fails to amaze me. I am thinking to buy the multiple cd case of Bach concertos under Pinnock direction. Anyway this cd is worth the price, only three concertos but you can play them for hours.

Chirotteri, Amazon Customer Review

No comments:

Post a Comment