Monday, June 6, 2011

Berg: 7 Fruhe Lieder, 3 Orchesterstuecke Op.6, Der Wein - Otter, Abbado, VPO etc.


Alban Berg
3 Orchesterstuecke Op.6, 7 fruehe Lieder, Der Wein
Anne Sofie von Otter, Wiener Philharmoniker, Claudio Abbado
Deutsche Grammophon Stereo 445 846-2 GH

.ape+.cue+.log

I couldn't find a suitable review for this beautiful CD. I can't even say that I know it that well myself, apart from the 7 fruehe Lieder (7 Early Songs). Berg, Schoenberg and Webern are hard nuts to crack, for listeners (like me) without a professional training in music.
The 7 fruehe Lieder have proven, since the first time I listened to them, not only surprisingly easy to digest, but also stunningly beautiful. I'd really love it if this little bit proved as revelatory for someone else as it was for me, disclosing some of the beauties of the music of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment